Aug 4, 2008

Another Day in the Kitchen


We had a great, but busy weekend! Saturday morning Rachel, Emma and myself sat at the kitchen table to plan our weeks menu. Rachel got to find a supper meal, and Emma got to pick the dessert and a muffin recipe. Rachel chose a recipe for Crispy Fried Chicken and Parmesan Potatoes from one of my Taste Of Home cookbooks. Emma chose Strawberry muffins, and fancy white cake as her dessert. I'll make sure and post pics of these. I made the muffins yesterday morning and they were delicious!!! Very moist, and fruity.


I also made two loaves of Honey Wheat bread yesterday, but I didn't have any honey, so I used molasses instead. It still turned out good, I just prefer the honey over molasses. I had also gotten a box of canning peaches, so I made my first peach pie, and was that GOOD!!! I have eaten way too much already:)


Tonight I have a ham in the crockpot, I made up a peach sauce to go over it, we'll see how that turns out. I have so many of these peaches that I'm trying to think of anything and everything to use those babies up!! I think I'll make one more pie, as I only have 7 peaches left, or maybe I'll make some muffins. I would love some great muffin recipes, Thursdays are always muffin days for breakfast. Please share!!

No comments: