Sep 6, 2018

Back to School

Well, we have (almost) survived the first week of back to school!  It has also been a cool week, in the 70's and lower 50's in the morning.  I LOVE IT!!  Oh I am so ready for everything fall...

Labor day weekend we were home and I got SO MUCH DONE!   Saturday I cleaned out our storage room and reorganized it.  Unreal how much room we have in there now, haha.  I think I took 8 bags of stuff to Goodwill and threw away 3 bags of broken things.  Saturday night we had Brad's brother and his family over for supper.  We grilled, had some drinks and played cards.

Sunday was just more cleaning the house and getting laundry done.  Sunday around suppertime we headed over to the farm for the annual Labor Day weekend fish fry and campfire.  Fish was yummy and everyone brought sides/desserts.  We ate waaaay too much food!





It was a beautiful night for a campfire!


Labor Day we alsways go back to the farm for a big breakfast, Brad made an egg bake and there were caramel rolls, sausages, hashbrowns and fruit.
We got home around 9:30 and I had an itch to clean out the garage.  I literally worked on from 9:30-7:00!  It is so clean now!  Brad and the girls helped out too.  Feels so good to have the house organized and cleaned out before winter.  When the girls were younger, Monday night was "Spa Le Zimm" which was a girls only spa night.  The girls would take a bubble bath in our jacuzzi tub and we would do face masks and manis/pedis.  I would make mini cinn/sugar sandwiches and they would have a kiddie cocktail.  They looked forward to it every year!  Unfortunately the two bigs have practice in the evening and trying to find a night that everyone was home was next to impossible.

First day of school pics!  Rachel: Semior Emma : Sophomore and Alayna: 7th Grade.  Brad made everyone a hot breakfast, eggs, omelets or breakfast sandwiches with hashbrowns.


I always like to do a little back to school decor...


I couldn't resist this cute photo of them back in 2011!


And I love this quote, "Life Without Jesus is Like a Broken Pencil, There's No Point".


I got each of them a little back to school bag with travel size lotions, deoderant, face masks and bath bombs.



I plan on enjoying every little bit of this year with Rachel, can't believe this is her last year!!!




No comments: