Jun 13, 2017

Show and Tell Tuesday

I know you're all thinking it's Friday right now since I'm posting on a Tuesday, sorry to burst your bubble peeps, we've got a few days until Friday...

This months Show and Tell topic is "The Struggle is Real"



This topic actually makes me giggle, because it should have my name right in the title, HA!  I feel like I struggle with so many things, so here's my list....

1.  Being good enough.  Man, this ones tough, as a woman, I feel that most of us probably struggle in this department and I'm always working on it.  Am I a good enough wife?  Mom?  Daughter? Friend?  Co worker?  One of my goals this year is to be more encouraging to others.  On days when I feel beat down, I make a point to compliment, or send an encouraging text to someone to brighten their day, definitely helps me feel better!

2.  I struggle with working full time.  All you mamas who have always worked outside the home, you have allllllll my respect!  I did daycare for 11 years, so even though I worked, I was home.  I feel like I am pulled in 47 different directions everyday.  And "me" time??  HAHAHAHAHHA!!  I love my job, and I have realized that working full time makes me appreciate the little things in life.  Like sitting here in the early morning hours drinking coffee in peace.  :)

3.  Being a good enough Christian.  My faith is VERY important to me.  Growing up my parents were missionaries for several years, so my brother and I grew up in the church.  I still do my daily devotionals, but we are not a church-every-Sunday kind of family and I feel guilty about that.  When we don't go to church, we always do a family devotion and/or the rosary.

So there's my top 3 struggles, haha!  If I had to list them all, we'd be here until next week.

Thanks for stopping by!

 Image result for the struggle is real

2 comments:

Andrea Nine said...

Oh sweet friend how I can relate! Working while my kids have been growing up has been tough, I was lucky to have a boss who now gives me Friday's off. And being good enough, I often feel unworthy and want so much to serve our Lord better. I am so greatful for his grace and for honest, relatable friends like you!

Tara Usher @ Mommy in a Nutshell said...

I think as women we try to do all the things, be an expert at everything, look our best, and give our all. The pressure is intense and you only end up disappointed in yourself when a mistake is made or something is overlooked. You are doing great! I hope you have the confidence to know how wonderful you really are.