Feb 10, 2009

365 Project and a Recipe:)


Ok I heard about this from another friend of mine and it's called the "365 project". Basically it's sort of a scrap booking thing, but not really (did that make ANY sense??!!). The goal is to take one picture everyday, and journal about it. So, my *goal* (asterisk being, that goal does not necessarily mean I will do this everyday. Just hoping!!) is to journal one picture everyday on here. So, I start today.


This is a lovely picture of our poor snowman:( His fate caught up with him this morning, at about 8:15. Yesterday the kids still played with him, and even got their picture taken sitting on his head. Unfortunately his torso and head fell off this morning. The kids were pretty bummed about it. Brad and the girls made him during Christmas vacation. However, Alayna was very excited to find one of his eyes on the ground. She thought we should save it....
Ok, here is the recipe for today. It came out of the St.Cloud Times Delish section of Wednesdays paper. I made it last Thursday, and it is extremely fantastic! Very, very moist.
Pumpkin Apple Bread
3 C flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 C sugar (I know, holy carp that's a lot of sugar, but remember it's two loaves)
1 (15 oz. can) pumpkin
4 eggs
1 C oil
1/2 C water
2 apples, chopped- Next time I think I'll put even more in
Combine flour, cinnamon, soda and salt, set aside. Mix together sugar and pumpkin. Add eggs, oil and water. Add dry ingredients. Fold in apples. Bake in greased bread pans (grease them REALLY well, one of my loaves got stuck) at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy!

No comments: