Jul 19, 2019

Summer 2019


Summer sweet summer, where have you gone?  I can't even believe it's the middle of July already.  June was spent getting ready for Rachel's grad party and celebrating all of her friends too.  We enjoyed so many fun grad parties and of course all the yummy food.  So sad that I have to actually cook on the weekends, ha!

July 4th is one of our FAVORITE holidays.  On the third we went to my bil/sil's house to grill and enjoy some cocktails.  They were in the process of packing up the house as they bought a different house, but they still managed to host all of us!  We grilled and enjoyed fireworks later on in the evening.  Typically we walk uptown to enjoy all the festivities, but it's gotten SO huge that it's not that much fun anymore.

The 4th we headed uptown for the parade, the weather was a little iffy, but we thought we were in the clear.  Towards the end of the parade it down poured and we were all soaked.  Thankfully I got this pic right away!



It's so fun sitting at the parade because my mom and her husband and Brad's parents are there too.  I love seeing all of us there, such a fun tradition!


After getting soaked at the parade we made it home just in time for the rain to stop and the sun to come out.  Brad's family always comes over to swim and chill and eat.  One of my favorite traditions!

Everyone left around 8, so we cleaned up and chilled.  Rachel was working until 10, so we waited up for her then proceeded to stay up until 2.  Way too late for this mama, but we had such a fun time!


It was so nice to have a 4 day weekend, my company was closed on Friday and we really had no plans which was awesome.  We were completely lazy which was incredible after being non stop busy for months.

The next weekend we headed up to my dads for our Mineer "Christmas" which was a ton of fun!  We celebrated our 21st anniversary too with ice cream cake, my favorite!


It was such a nice time just hanging out and visiting with family.  




My dad and his friend Steve had a concert for us, it's always the highlight of the weekend!



Such a fun weekend, always so nice to get away from the day to day stuff!

So that's a little bit of what we've been up to.  I'm really wishing that summer would slow down, because that means we'll be taking Rach to college and I am NOT ready for that yet...



No comments: