Aug 24, 2011

REAL Monkey Bread

My girls luuuuuuuurve them some monkey bread ( I don't know where they get that from??? Ahem, not me...). I make it every so often, but the last time I made it I wanted to use homemade dough instead of canned biscuits. I have nothing against canned biscuits, except for the fact that it's dough that shoots out of a can.....

I googled homemade monkey bread and found this yummy recipe. By making the dough in my Kitchenaid mixer, it streamlined the recipe quite a bit. Once the dough was rolled in the cinnamon/sugar mixture, and the sauce poured over the top, I put it in the fridge overnight. when the girls got up, this is what they got......

Absolutely divine! And so full of calories and fat, you can feel those suckers forming on your thighs.....But ohhhh so worth it!!!

4 comments:

Marmee's Pantry said...

Thanks for the link! I've lovin' me some Monkey Bread, too!

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

Kara said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm with you on the canned biscuit thing. These are sooo much better with homemade dough. Yum!

www.gallamorewest.com said...

I had monkey bread for breakfast this morning! Yours looks soooo good. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my pumpkin cupcakes with salted caramel buttercream. I'm loving your blog... I'm your newest follower! I too have three little ones (but mine are all boys) and have been married 10 years. We LOVE living in San Diego, but the country sounds so nice too :)

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

Looks SO yummy! I can practically smell it through the computer! Thanks for making me hungry ;)

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a nice comment. Always appreciated!