May 5, 2010

Blueberry Oatmeal Coffee Cake

For those of you that don't know me personally, I looooove breakfast foods. Like, L.O.V.E. I could eat breakfast for lunch, supper and snacks. There is something ohhhh so comforting about eating a hot breakfast. Don't get me wrong, cereal and I have quite the love affair too, but bring on the soft, warm, doughy, dense, caramely anything, and I melt. Along with my favorite cup of joe, breakfast is my favorite time of the day.

So naturally I am always on the lookout for yummy breakfast recipes. This one I found on allrecipes.com and it definitely gets my stamp of approval!

Blueberry Oatmeal Coffee Cake

1 1/3 C. all-purpose flour
3/4 C. quick cooking oats
1/3 C. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
1/2 C. fat free milk
1/4 C. Canola oil
1/4 C. reduced fat sour cream
1 C. fresh or frozen blueberries

Streusal Topping
1/4 C. quick cooking oats
3 Tbl. all purpose flour
3 Tbl. brown sugar
2 Tbl butter

In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, stir; In separate bowl, combine egg, milk, sour cream. Add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased 9 inch round baking pan. For the topping, mix oats, flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle on top of batter, bake at 400 degrees 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clear.

4 comments:

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

This looks yummy, I love coffee cake.

Carey

Connie said...

That looks delish, I might have to try that.

Thanks for stopping by, I really liked the "Bird Feeder" analogy too.

SnoWhite said...

That looks awesome - I'm a sucker for breakfast foods too, especially those with oats and blueberries.

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

Coffee cakes are a favorite of mine...I love them any time of day, just like you! I will have to earmark this to make some time very soon!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog this week!
Amy