Sep 12, 2018

How We Do Fall

Today I'm linking up with Shay and Erika for their monthly series, "How We... Wednesdays"!



This month's topic is "How We Do Fall".

Fall is one of my favorite times of the year!  I love all the pumpkin hype, the crisp, cooler weather, the trees, smells, everything.  I have loved blogging about fall in the past several years which you can find here, here, here, here, here and here

So, how do we do fall? 

We always go to the pumpkin patch.  We typically grow our own pumpkins, but the girls insist on going every year haha!  We have 2 local pumpkin patch/apple orchards that have their festivals on the same weekend.  They both have food/kid stuff and fun little boutique stuff to buy.

Love this pic of them when they were basically babies...



Gimme all the fall scented candles!  I typically stay with soy based candles since they burn cleaner, but I found this one at Hobby Lobby and I couldn't resist, it smells HEAVENLY!!



We also love to go for walks in the woods.  We have woods behind our house that we love to go explore, or we go to St.Johns which is about 10 minutes from our house, it's just gorgeous out there!





Brad and Alayna start duck hunting the end of September.  She LOVES going with him, even though it requires her to get up by 3:30-4:00.  Thankfully she is easily persuaded by Little Debbie Snack Cakes.



We have a large apple tree in our front yard that produces the worlds smallest crab apples.  Even though it takes forever to peel the little buggers, I still use them.  I canned 8 quarts of apple pie filling this year, and we love to make apple crisp, apple pie and glazed apple pie squares.





And of course it is not fall unless you rake all the leaves and jump in them! 



I am looking forward to the cooler temps and the time changing (I know, I know!!).  I like having cozy evenings at home.  I hope you enjoyed a little peak into how we do Fall!!

Image result for fall memes



No comments: