Jul 19, 2020

What We've Been Up To

Well, I really thought with being in lockdown for 180 months I would have really upped my blogging game.  Apparently I was wrong.
I think we're feeling what everyone is feeling right now which is a lot of this:
WTF Memes - Home | Facebook

  We're all hanging in there, but it's definitely changed since my first few posts when COVID hit
The pool went up the beginning of May which has been nice, I'm pretty sure the water temp in this pic is about 65 degrees.  Yowsa.


We've been spending lots of time with close friends of ours, taking turns making suppers which has been fun!  We haven't really been going out to eat or bars much.  I think we've been to the bar twice and were able to sit outside.  It's all just so weird...

My birthday was April 15th and since we were in the heart of quarantine, Brad made burgers at home.  Right before we started eating, the Rothsteins showed up to surprise me, it was such a great surprise!  
Brad got me this insulated wine glass for my birthday.  It's 1000% me.  I am all up for people coming over and having drinks, but they all know that mama will be in bed by 10 haha!


Cinco De Mayo the Rothsteins (our quarantine friends) came over for supper, I made a huge Mexican spread and she brought ships, salsa and margs from our local Mexican restaurant.  


Still gotta decorate!


Mother's Day was awesome!  Typically we have my mom and her husband over for brunch, but, COVID.
Brad and the girls still made a huge brunch and it was just a really great day of relaxing and reading.  Sure do love these girls of mine.  #howdemmagetsotall.


Work is still busy as ever, nice for me to have that normalcy even though I know Brad's going crazy.  Girls are still hanging in there, but this is affecting everyone.  Emma is now a senior, and we're so hoping she will have somewhat of a normal year, I'm just not too optimistic about it.

Some of these memes are hilarious.  And yes I know this virus is serious, but sometimes ya just gotta laugh...

Coronavirus Jokes and Memes in South Africa and Worldwide ...









No comments: