Aug 30, 2009

Great Yard Sale Finds

It was another great week of yard saling! Brad and I took the girls out Saturday morning to a couple and really got quite a bit of stuff, I was most excited about the Children's Place jeans we got for Alayna, three pairs for $5, can't beat that!

Rachel bought this chalkboard at our local thrift store, Anne's. She was so cute because she asked me if I thought the lady would take less than the $10 she was asking. I laughed out loud and told her to ask the owner, so she did! The lady chuckled and said that she would sell it to her for $8. Rachel was thrilled! I could have bought soooo much more there, but I've been put on a budget:( Boohoo...

I love the tin flowers, they were $1.50 a piece, and they look great sitting on Emma and Alayna's dresser for now. You can also hang them up, which I might do. The bucket wasn't actually for sale, but I asked the lady at the garage sale if she would sell it. She thought about it for a minute and said she'd give it to me for $2. SOLD!! I love it, I put my herb garden in it and set it out on the patio. The baseball bucket I bought for my nephew, as his room has the baseball theme. And last but not least, I found a Mary Higgins Clark Christmas book for .25.
Lots of fun looking for treasures, and I love the fact that the girls favorite thing to play right now is "thrift store", lol!! As always, I'm linking over to Rhoda from Southern Hospitality for Thrifty Monday, make sure to check out everyone's links!!



2 comments:

Kelly @ Ruby Begonia said...

So cool! I found that same baseball bucket this summer at a yard sale. Mine is on a shelf in my son's room. It makes a great decoration in a sports themed room.

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Cute finds!

Great CP score! I love that store!~